Salary Details: (ISR Group 2) L13 (£56,721) – L19 (£65,735)
Job Details: Full Time Permanent from September 2021
Closing Date: Friday 9 April 2021
The Governing Body of Thurgoland C.E. Primary School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and experienced leader with enthusiasm for the school’s ethos, to lead the school and build on its existing strengths and successes.
Thurgoland School is a vibrant and caring school, where Christian values underpin every aspect of the school’s work. Set within a semi-rural setting, with beautiful countryside on its doorstep, the school plays a central role at the heart of the community. Parents, carers and everyone associated with the village hold the school in high regard.
The school performs well, with good progress and attainment. There is strong leadership throughout the school from subject leads, ensuring a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum for all learners.
Children are the heart of our school and its real strength. They are lively, enthusiastic and enjoy coming to school. They have an excellent attitude to learning and bring to life our ethos of ‘learning together in faith and joy.’
We are seeking to appoint a school leader who:
- Will embrace the challenge of sustaining the school’s outstanding status
- Has demonstrable experience in a leadership role
- Understands how to lead through change and will take a positive approach to changes at both local and national level
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, with an approachable manner and a commitment to teamwork
- Will actively support the Christian values of our school and embodies our ethos of ‘learning together in faith and joy’
- Has the vision and ability to recognise current strengths and to support continuous development
- Has the ambition and skills to maintain and accelerate pupil progress and attainment.
- Has a clear vision of excellence in primary education and Is eager to keep abreast of current research so that the curriculum, teaching and learning is meeting the needs of the learners.
We can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to have an impact and develop your career
- Enthusiastic children who are motivated to learn and enjoy a busy school life
- Dedicated, motivated and experienced staff who are committed to our school
- A supportive governing body
- A strong partnership with parents/carers and our local community
Please note for this post you will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Barnsley Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please visit https://barnsley.engageats.co.uk, only online applications will be considered. Visits to the school are welcomed, subject to the latest Covid risk assessments and guidance. These will take place by appointment after shortlisting.
Shortlisting – 14 April 2021
Interviews – 21 and 22 April 2021
Thurgoland CofE Primary School