Following the retirement of the current Headteacher, the Governors of Combe Down Primary School and the Palladian Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a caring and inspirational Headteacher to lead our school into the next phase of its development. Combe Down Primary School is favourably situated on the outskirts of Bath, Britain’s only World Heritage city.
Our school has an inclusive ‘family’ ethos and a creative curriculum which places an emphasis on nurturing the whole child. We benefit from an active and supportive local community, and a strong partnership with Holy Trinity Church, which together further enrich the educational experiences offered to our young people.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Are an outstanding leader who is able to build on the existing strengths within the school
- Have the ability to sustain and further develop the strong caring Christian ethos of the school
- Are able to inspire a love of learning amongst pupils, parents and the wider community
- Are determined to keep children at the heart of the learning process
- Are passionate about teaching and learning
In return we can offer:
- A vibrant learning community based within a series of distinctive buildings at the heart of Combe Down village
- A dedicated and highly skilled staff team who are committed to delivering the potential in each child
- The support of the recently established Palladian Academy Trust, which currently encompasses seven primary schools and Ralph Allen secondary school
- A supportive Governing Body committed to helping drive the school forward to create a centre of educational excellence
Visits to the school by prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to experience our friendly school community first hand. Please contact Steph Witty, School Business Manager on 01225 840324 / firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Combe Down CofE Primary School and the Palladian Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Services) check will be required for the successful candidate. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9 June at 12pm.
Shortlisting for interview will take place during week beginning 12th June and interviews will be held during week beginning 19th June. You will be informed by Thursday 15 June whether or not you have been shortlisted on this occasion.