The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and inspirational Headteacher to join a team of professionals working with learners with a wide range of complex needs including severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, medical needs and autism.
Glenwood is an outstanding special school for pupils aged 3-19 yrs. We are operating in a fantastic purpose built new school currently providing for 217 pupils. Our next exciting project, developing a 20 bed residential provision as part of the school, is due to open at the end of 2019.
Significant experience of working with pupils with special educational needs is essential, as is the highest commitment to improving the lives of young people and their parents/carers.
You will be:
• experienced in imagining life from each individual learners’ point of view
• experienced in leadership and management in a special school
• known to have operated as an outstanding classroom practitioner
• passionate about supporting young people with additional needs and disabilities
• outstanding at forming positive relationships and developing positive partnerships
• self-motivated and driven by opportunities to make a positive difference for learners and their families
• a highly skilled communicator
• positive, resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
• skilled at managing and supporting a large diverse team and a multi-million pound budget
We can offer you the opportunity to:
• spend time with amazing young people and their parents/carers
• join a hardworking, committed and professional team of staff and a supportive governing body
• work in an outstanding school with an excellent reputation in the community
• collaborate with a range of partner agencies
• continue your professional development
• take the lead role in integrating the residential provision into life of the school
Glenwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS Certificated from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for this post prior to taking up appointment.