Are you a talented leader looking for a new challenge? The Board of Trustees of Berwick Academy invites applications for the post of Headteacher. We are looking for an inspiring individual with the passion and commitment to lead our school through ongoing change and challenge and take it to the next phase of improvement and growth.
Berwick Academy is a co-educational, inclusive Academy for pupils aged 13-18 with approx. 500 students inclusive of our 6th form, located midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the east coast mainline and serves the beautiful coastal community of Berwick upon Tweed in north Northumberland.
We seek a Headteacher who can build on the school’s strengths, using their experience and expertise to develop and enhance our current school and offer further benefits to the students, parents and the local community. You will be encouraged and supported to take forward your vision for the school, promoting the highest standards of achievement and positive attitudes to learning and life. You will have the opportunity to make a considerable impact on the future direction of the school.
You will lead the development of teaching, attainment and learning to achieve consistently improving provision for the Academy whilst developing and maintaining positive and productive partnerships with other schools, businesses and communities.
We can offer:
- An opportunity to lead the school at this time to change and development and move it to Good.
- A dedicated and supportive middle leadership team.
- A friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
- Supportive Trustees
- Continues Professional Development to ensure your appointment is successful and rewarding.
You will need to be an experienced senior leader who:
• Provides a safe environment for students.
• Can lead the school to secure improvement.
• Has a proven track record of achieving high standards for students.
• Motivates and inspires students, staff and parents.
• Achieves challenging targets, high standards of behaviour, progress and attainment across and beyond the school.
• Commits to working collaboratively with colleagues, students and the community.
There will be an opportunity to visit the academy on either 19th or 20th November. To arrange this please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie McWilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713 323 792 or email email@example.com
For an application pack, to arrange a visit or an informal and confidential discussion regarding this post and working at the Academy, please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie McWilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713 323 792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be submitted by Noon 29th November 2018 to Diane Jamieson or Katie McWilliams via email. Interviews will be held week commencing 10th December 2018
Berwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Berwick Academy has a policy commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in employment and seeks to ensure no employee or applicant receives less favourable treatment than another. All posts are filled on merit.
Donna Goddard (Chair of Trustees)
Berwick upon Tweed