The Board of Governors are looking to replace our current exceptional headteacher Mrs Ava Sturridge-Packer CBE who has led the school on its journey from Special Measures to Outstanding. She has been a National Leader of Education for many years and the school has been a National Support School. St Mary’s has been a teaching school since March 2013.
St. Mary’s is a 3-11 multi-cultural, multi-faith Church of England primary and nursery academy which embeds and celebrates the principles of all faith. This appointment is within a developing Multi Academy Trust (MAT) and the school is in transition from a one and a half form entry to a two form entry academy with currently 390 children on roll.
The Board of Governors are looking to appoint an ambitious, talented and dynamic headteacher with the confidence to take this outstanding academy to the next level. He/she will need the skills and confidence to lead a very hard working skilled, established and committed team of staff who always put the pupils first.
We are also looking for someone who will:
- Demonstrate their passion and care for the pupils and want them to be the best that they can be
- Take this academy to the next level
- Lead by example in all areas of school life
- Understand the complexities and have an appreciation of and respect for the diverse cultural, social and economic backgrounds of our pupils, staff and parents
- Promote excellent standards of teaching and learning to ensure that achievement is maintained and improved in all subjects including physical education and the creative and performing arts
- Maintain outstanding Church School standards as reflected in the latest Church School Inspection report
- Continue to develop the performing arts as a strength of the academy
- Help develop the team ethos of schools supporting each other within the MAT
- Work alongside the teaching school
This post will suit a Headteacher, Head of School or an exceptional deputy looking for exciting new challenges. You will need to provide evidence of an outstanding 'track record’ of school improvement to date and an understanding of how the ethos of a Church of England primary academy is demonstrated. You will need to be a child centred leader who would relish the opportunity to collaborate with our aspirational families.
We recommend that you visit the school to gain a full understanding of the academy's context.
Further details are attached to the advert and an application form can be downloaded from behind the apply button below. To arrange a visit please contact Elizabeth Lee, Senior Office Manager on 0121 554 3751 or email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th July 2017 at 4pm.
Interviews will take place in September 2017