The governors, staff and children of our friendly, successful and 'Good' school (Ofsted December 2015) invite applications for the post of Headteacher. We are looking for someone who is inspirational, highly motivated, caring and a practising Catholic who will build upon our current strengths and further develop our wonderful school. The successful candidate should be someone who can identify new opportunities for the school, ensuring that learning remains enjoyable and enriching for all and is fully underpinned by the Catholic faith.
We are a growing school at the heart of our community, situated in the Ribble Valley, with strong links to a very supportive parish and outstanding High School. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong, inspirational leader with vision and energy to take our school to spiritual and academic excellence.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate who:
- Will be a practising Catholic, with a strong faith, who has deep commitment to and understanding of Catholic education
- Has a proven and demonstrable record of successful leadership
- Has the ability to manage future change and developments within our growing school community
- Has a clear vision for continuous school improvement to sustain and build on our current strengths
- Will strive to inspire and motivate staff to continue the progress towards outstanding teaching and learning
- Has exceptional inter-personal skills and is committed to working with the whole school community
- Will recognise and celebrate the individuality of children and staff in their spiritual and academic lifelong learning journey, by encouraging a caring and nurturing environment.
In return we offer:
- A vibrant, growing school community with happy, well balanced and motivated pupils who are eager to learn
- A hard working, experienced and supportive staff and Governing Body who are committed to school improvement
- An active and engaged family and parish community
- A safe, secure and positive school environment, with indoor and outdoor facilities
- Commitment to continued professional development for all staff.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed prior to application. Please contact the School Bursar - Mrs Catie Bowen, 01254 247157, to book an appointment.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exceptions) Act 1975. If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service for a 'disclosure'.
Shortlisting date: 26 February at 6.30pm.
Interview date: 16 March 2018.
Application forms can be downloaded online or can be requested from/returned to: email@example.com. Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the chair of governors at school address by the closing date. Closing date: 19 February 2018 at 12 noon.