The students, staff and governors of Beechcliffe Keighley and Beechcliffe Thackley Special school are looking to appoint a Headteacher who is passionate about special education and committed to enabling every one of our student to reach their full potential.
Beechcliffe Keighley caters for pupils with severe, complex or profound and multiple learning disabilities, Thackley caters for pupils with SEMH. We are keen to appoint a dynamic, forward thinking, highly committed professional who is passionate about the education of young people. Someone who has the foresight to help prepare our young people for their future. We are proud of the outstanding progress our young people make whilst with us. We have a pupil-centred approach to the curriculum, which is modified and supported to meet pupils needs. We also well-established performing arts program, and expansive wider curriculum.
We require a head teacher who can provide an excellent role model to both student and staff. The head teacher should also be an excellent SEN practitioner.
We would welcome applications from someone who:
- Has successful senior leadership experience in a special secondary education setting
- Has a good understanding of working in a dual-sited setting
- Has experience of assimilation and merger of staff and pupils from different settings
- Can lead by example with resilience, clarity, honesty, and integrity
- Is able to ‘think outside the box’ as a creative and adaptable practitioner.
- Can be an excellent communicator with students, staff, parents, and governors to establish and open and honest school community
- Can create an ethos within which staff are motivated and supported to develop their own skills and knowledge
- Welcomes a strong governance and actively supports the governing body to understand its role and deliver its functions effectively
- Can instil a strong sense of accountability in the staff for the impact of their work on students
- Is willing to work with other professionals and headteachers in Bradford, in partnership work to ensure the best outcomes for Bradford’s pupils
- Has the determination and drive to lead a large special school through the next phase of its development
To download the job details and apply online, please visit www.prospectsonline.co.uk
12 noon Wednesday 5th January 2022
Week Commencing 17th January 2022