L17 – L24
An exciting Headteacher vacancy has arisen within St John and St Francis Church School as part of the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust (BWMAT). The school has 410 pupils and is over-subscribed in KS1. The school has recently been judged as ‘requires improvement’ and is rapidly working towards progressing to becoming ‘good’.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced school leader who is:
· able to take on the challenge to continue to develop our school to an Ofsted good and then outstanding judgement;
· able to build on successful initiatives instigated in the last few years;
· committed to understanding, valuing and developing the Christian ethos of our school so that it shines through all that we do;
· able to work constructively and collaboratively with staff to build upon the good progress that has already been made; and
· enthusiastic about working collaboratively with other schools in the BWMAT and with other local schools.
We can offer you:
· pupils who enjoy coming to school, are well behaved and keen to learn;
· committed staff who have good and effective relationships with the pupils;
· an attractive, spacious school site, conveniently located to both motorway networks and the beautiful Somerset countryside;
· the support and commitment of the local Church, parents and governing board.
Candidates are invited to visit the school on 15th, 16th, 22nd or 23rd March 2018. If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact Naomi Chandler – School Business Manager via phone 01278 456918 or email email@example.com.
Headship within the BWMAT offers a supportive network of professionals, collaborative working, excellent professional development opportunities, enhanced employee benefits and a people offer centred on our visions and values.
The BWMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and sent to The Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust, The Old Deanery, St Andrew's Street, Wells, Somerset BA5 2UG by post or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Tuesday 10th April 2018 at 12 noon
Interview date: Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th April 2018
This post will commence: September 2018