Due to the retirement of the current, long serving Head Teacher an exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic individual to lead our successful and highly inclusive school.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, caring leader who will work with governors, staff, pupils and parents to deliver the “Happiness and High Standards” that give each child the chance to shine and reach their full potential.
The salary for this post will be Leadership Range L15 to L21, £59,581 to £69,031 per annum.
(For a suitably experienced candidate, governors are willing to consider the flexibility within the School teachers’ pay & conditions document 2020)
Fairfield serves a community with diverse needs. We were last inspected in February 2018 and remained good. The letter to the headteacher includes “The aim, ‘Happiness and High Standards’, drives the school’s work and characterises its ethos. This is evident in many ways, not least the high level of parental satisfaction and pupils’ enjoyment of school” and “Your leadership team, governors and staff share your fervent commitment to each child reaching their potential.”
The successful candidate will have the experience, determination and enthusiasm to build on the school’s strong foundations and to take us forward on the next stage of our journey.
We can offer you:
- A happy and nurturing school, at the heart of the community, where you can truly make a difference to the lives of its pupils;
- The opportunity to work with an experienced, dedicated and highly motivated staff team;
- The support of a committed Governing Body;
- Strong, collaborative partnerships with the Local Authority and local schools;
- Support for your ongoing professional development.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with:
- The ambition, dedication and determination to ensure all children reach their full potential;
- The vision and drive to lead the school forward on the next stage of its journey;
- High expectations who will maintain and enhance the positive ethos of the school;
- The experience and resilience to meet the challenges presented by a diverse school population whilst embracing the opportunities to develop strong relationships within the school and wider community;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and develop teams by providing a strong role model.
Candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school to experience our values and ethos in action. Please contact Mrs R Horton, School Business Manager on 0161 764 1559 to make an appointment.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 22 March 2021.
Interviews will take place on Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 March 2021. (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
Employees of the school have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a Disqualification Declaration.
Appointment is subject to suitable references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For further information click on the links below for:-
Application forms should be returned by email to email@example.com marked F.A.O. Mr D Miller, Chair of Governors by 12 noon Thursday 18 March 2021.
FairField Community Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years