Seeking our next Headteacher
Imagine what you could achieve as the leader of a school where:
- Staff are talented, “committed to helping pupils do well” and to the development of their own professional practice. A place where they are innovative and a place at which they are “proud to work”. They are strong, supportive and willingly contribute deeply, broadly and enthusiastically to the richness of the school.
- “Parents are overwhelmingly positive”, seeing it as a place to “inspire” and somewhere children are able to “flourish” and “thrive”. They are engaged and supportive. They actively volunteer to help in the school, on visits and with key parts of our rich curriculum which include: Forest School, eco club and our wonderful gardens and wildlife areas. Diverse, local and international, with many strong links to the Newnham community and to the University, they frequently come and share a wonderful array of insights, experiences and energy.
- Governors are vibrant, supportive and engaged. Made up from a cross-section of parents and the community, they strive to support the wellbeing of the Head and all staff and work to make the school a place where staff and pupils alike are able to flourish.
- “The ethos encourages a love of learning and creates a cohesive, local and international community.”
Newnham Croft is a thriving, oversubscribed, happy school of around 230 pupils with a balanced and rich curriculum making the most of its position in the Cambridge city community and its delightfully verdant grounds, wildlife and garden areas and eco and forest school credentials. We believe there is no limit to what our pupils and staff can achieve within the wonderfully unique culture and environment we have – one in which we can all flourish, learn and grow.
We are immensely proud of our school, and hope to appoint the best person to lead us towards an exciting future.
Our current Headteacher will retire at the end of this school year. As a result we’re looking for an experienced head, deputy head or senior teacher ready to take their next step to join us from 1 September 2019.
The role is offered within the salary: £47,501 - £64,736 depending on experience. We’re committed to life-long professional development and learning in practice and will support any successful applicant in developing or obtaining relevant professional qualifications or, if relevant, future studies to develop their leadership. We are also able to offer modest financial support to anyone looking to locate to the Cambridgeshire area from outside of it in order to take up this post.
Our new Headteacher will be:
- Able to value and respect, engage and inspire all members of the school community.
- A strategic, collaborative leader, teacher and skilled communicator, able to continue to strengthen and contribute to strong and effective teams, both within the school and across the community we are a part of.
- Motivated to drive forward continual improvement and creativity, open to new ideas, drawing on best practice at home and abroad.
- Dedicated to delivering an inspiring, broad and balanced curriculum to pupils from Reception to Y6 in a supportive and nurturing environment, making excellent use of our unique site, links with our community, the two universities and other vibrant institutions in our city.
Learn more: http://www.newnhamcroft.cambs.sch.uk/website. Our website is up to date with lots of information on the school and has a selection of lovely photos.
We’d love to show you our school too. Our current Headteacher will be available by appointment to give you a tour up until the closing date for application on days the school is open.
To arrange your visit: please get in touch via the school office by phone or email: 01223 508737 or email@example.com
How to apply:
Application packs are available from EPM Ltd, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or download from www.epm.co.uk
If you would like to be considered for the role, please submit a written application using the application form by email to: email@example.com
Please note: in line with Cambridgeshire County Council and Safer Recruitment guidelines we are unable to accept applications that do not use the application form provided.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am on 11 January 2019.
Please note: applicants will need to be available to participate in the selection process taking place over 2 days on 31 January and 1 February 2019.