St George the Martyr CE Primary School
Johns Mews, London WC1N 2NX
tel: 0207 405 5640
From September 2020 the Governors are looking to appoint an exceptional Headteacher to lead our school.
SALARY RANGE: £65,747 – £74,949 (L15 – L21)
Go Shine in the World and live as Jesus lived, with Compassion, Honesty and Integrity.
St George the Martyr is an outstanding Church of England primary school situated in the heart of Holborn, close to London’s theatres, museums and cinemas. We are looking for an exceptional Headteacher to lead our outstanding school and to develop its potential and impact within a vibrant and diverse community.
• courteous, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn;
• ambitious, committed, and enthusiastic staff;
• engaged and supportive families who are positive about the school;
• an environment of kindness and respect uniting people from many faiths and cultures;
• a creative, friendly, and dynamic working environment;
• a light-filled, one-storey, modern school building with lovely outdoor areas.
We are looking for an exceptional leader with:
• Leadership and management skills of the highest quality;
• A commitment to high standards in learning and teaching for children of all abilities and backgrounds;
• A commitment to whole school improvement;
• The ability to lead, inspire and motivate pupils, colleagues and the wider community;
• A proven ability to manage whole school initiatives;
• A willingness to actively support the school’s Christian vision and values;
• An appreciation for the diversity of the school and its place in the wider community.
If you are interested in working in our vibrant and exciting school we have set aside Monday 24th to Thursday 27th February from 9.30am to 3.15pm, Monday 2nd March and Wednesday 4th March from 1.30pm to 3.15pm and Monday 9th March from 9.30am to 3.15pm for visits. Please note that visits to the school are part of the interview process.
Closing date: 5.00pm Thursday 12th March
Shortlisting: Tuesday 17th March
Interviews: Tuesday 31st March
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.