St Mary’s CE Primary School is a friendly and welcoming school serving the village and surrounding area of Woodham Ferrers. This is an exciting period in the school’s history as it joins the Berlesduna Academy Trust. Applications are invited for the post of Headteacher with responsibility for the day-to-day leadership and management of the school.
The position offers the opportunity to become a teaching Headteacher in a small primary school looking to expand and develop further as we look to establish a Nursery and the potential for a specialist support centre for children with social, emotional and mental health. There will be significant support and collaboration with the other schools and leaders within the Berlesduna Trust including the provision of some of the central functions so that you can focus on the quality of teaching and learning and school improvement.
You will be working with the Trust, Diocesan, local schools, Headteachers, the Local Governing Body, staff, children and parents to ensure excellence and a high quality education.
St Mary’s CE Primary School, is a Church of England School in the Diocese of Chelmsford that welcomes those of all faiths and of none.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives
• develop the already inclusive environment, particularly in supporting those with SEMH needs
- have an ability to lead and shape the vision of the school and the Trust
- have an ability to support, challenge and inspire the children, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
- have a positive and optimistic approach; be proactive and confident
- be able to build relationships quickly
- have a real interest in educational issues, approaches and alternatives from around the world
- use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
- have an ability to be a team player and leader who will go the extra mile to support children and families
- be committed to partnership, collaboration and sharing
Our school and future MAT can offer you:
- A strong committed leadership team
- A supportive and welcoming school environment with positive pupils who enjoy learning in a safe environment
- A team of talented and conscientious staff who work together to provide the best education and support for our pupils
- An enthusiastic and supportive Trust and Local Governing Body
Berlesduna Academy Trust values and invests in staff, offering excellent training, development and planned career progression.
If you believe you are the person who can lead us to further success, we welcome your application. Please call to arrange a visit so you can experience our ethos first hand. Visits can be arranged by contacting Lisa Perry on email@example.com or by phone on 01268 464759. A printed information pack will be available when you visit.
Please take care to complete the application in full, as any incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.