Brannel School is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced senior leader looking for a Headship where drive, resilience and the ability to inspire others will be key qualities.
We can count on the fingers of one hand what we want our new Headteacher to do:
1. Articulate a clear vision
2. Effectively manage change
3. Build a high performing culture
4. Inspire others
5. Lead by example
Set in a modern, state-of-the-art building within a culturally unique and vibrant rural community, Brannel School is striving to establish itself as one of the most improved schools in Cornwall.
If you can create and commit to a clear vision for the School and champion change from analysis to completion; if you can drive for excellence and set stretching targets; if you can challenge, inspire and motivate those around you to achieve; and if you can demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities, we can give you the opportunity to deliver.
The successful candidate will have the energy, charisma and educational philosophy to drive up standards and develop close and genuine relationships with staff, students and parents.
The role will be challenging yet immensely rewarding. You will be supported by experienced Trust and School leadership teams and a committed staff with a strong shared moral purpose. This is a rare opportunity to transform educational provision for this community.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 22nd March 2019
Interview dates: Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd of April 2019
Should you wish to arrange an informal visit prior to application, please contact Mrs Christine Thomas, Clerk to the Governors, on 01726 822485 (option 6) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
• Applications should be submitted online by following the link on the Brannel School Vacancies page. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
• Please complete an online application and submit this together with a supporting Annex (no more than three sides of A4) which answers the six questions on page 20 of the Information Pack for Applicants. Please note that candidates must submit the supporting Annex to be considered by the shortlisting panel. This can be uploaded in the CV/Resume section of the online application form.
Brannel School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of checks and references, including an enhanced DBS check.