Elmwood Infants and Nursery School is a diverse school with a strong ethos of inclusion and community. Due to the appointment of our Headteacher to an Academy Lead post, we are seeking to appoint a motivated, inspirational and highly effective Headteacher. The ideal candidate will be committed to the social, emotional and academic development of children and have the enthusiasm, passion and drive to continue to make Elmwood Infant and Nursery School the best that it can be. The successful candidate will have school leadership experience and be ready to develop their skills further. They must enjoy working around children, be an exceptional team player and team leader with a flexible and innovative approach. They will possess the ability to balance the management of inherent challenges in line with the culture of the school and maintain a personal approach.
Why Consider Elmwood?
Elmwood Infant and Nursery School is a large, four-form entry school with a 52-place nursery. We are located a short walk away from the centre of Croydon and serve a diverse community, with over 50 different languages spoken by our children, families and staff. Children’s rights are an integral part of our curriculum and we are very proud of the fact that we are a UNICEF Gold Rights Respecting School. Our team and stakeholders recognise the individuality of each child and we were awarded the Jo Cox Memorial Award in 2017 for our work on inclusion and equality. We have a highly experienced, long-standing and stable team of staff and governors, with parents and carers who are very appreciative of the school and its commitment to community cohesion.
Elmwood Infant and Nursery School work in an informal Tri Partnership with two other local primary schools: Downsview Primary and Rockmount Primary. The Governing Boards have committed to a partnership based on trust and a shared vision of what makes an outstanding environment where children can thrive. We are all committed to finding innovative, inspiring and efficient ways of working together and offer CPD opportunities across the partnership.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who:
· Shares the values of our school, is culturally proficient and able to respond appropriately to the needs of our school’s diverse community.
· Can demonstrate proven successful experience of senior leadership.
· Encourages and supports everyone in our school community to be the best that they can be.
· Is committed to school improvement.
· Can lead and support staff, pupils and parents towards implementation of a strategic plan.
· Has highly developed communication skills, including a commitment to pupil and parent voices.
· Can create, build and maintain trusting relationships with the governing board and other stakeholders, including staff, parents and children.
· Has strong interpersonal skills to lead a fantastic team, considering motivation and wellbeing.
· Can reflect constructively and focus on how to improve your own development as well as that of your team.
· Has knowledge of strategic and financial planning.
Having read the job description and person specification, if you feel that you have the knowledge, skills and attributes needed to take this opportunity and join our wonderful community, we look forward to hearing from you. Applications for working flexibly will be considered.
Please ensure that you include a supporting statement, no longer than 2 pages of A4 which relates to the person specification and explains why you think that you would be suited to the position of Headteacher at Elmwood Infant School and Nursery. In line with our safer recruitment process, please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed applications should be sent to Janet Standen, School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm midday on 19th April 2021.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 23rd and 26th April 2021.
Prospective candidates are welcome to arrange an informal discussion about the role by contacting the current Headteacher, Zoe Harris, via email at email@example.com
In the absence of being able to look around the school, please look at our virtual tour on our school website, where you will find lots of information to help you get a feel of our ethos and values and hear from our children. Shortlisted candidates may be offered the opportunity to visit the school prior to interview, in accordance with current government guidance.
Elmwood Infant School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 7 years