The Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational leader with drive and vision to lead staff and students in our popular Catholic school located on the western edge of the Lake District.
In January 2019, St Benedict’s Catholic High School completed the move into the brand new £33m Campus Whitehaven. This brings together St Benedict’s with our close neighbour, Mayfield School on one site.
- We are a vibrant learning community with a strong Catholic ethos.
- Staff are dedicated to enabling all students to achieve their full potential and promote positive outcomes.
- Students achieve academic, technical and sporting success with access to state-of-the-art facilities, including integrated IT in every classroom, a bespoke performance suite and 4G sports pitches.
- St Benedict’s includes West Cumbria Catholic Sixth Form Centre with strong links to Russell Group Universities.
- St Benedict’s fully participates in Energy Coast initiatives, building close links with local and national employers.
- We are part of the Western Lakes Teaching School Alliance and the Catholic Teaching Alliance.
- We are over-subscribed with a truly comprehensive intake.
We are looking for:
- A practising Catholic committed to the promotion and development of the Catholic ethos of the school in partnership with the local Catholic community and the Diocese of Lancaster.
- A person with a proven track record of success in leadership.
- A skilful communicator.
- A person who puts inspirational teaching and learning at the heart of school improvement.
- A person with a collaborative approach to developing a shared vision that leads the school community towards excellence in all areas.
- Someone who can develop St Benedict’s as a beacon for the community it serves.
The post of Headteacher at St Benedict’s will offer you an exciting opportunity to take the school forward and write the next chapter in the school’s history, with:
- An attractive remuneration package.
- A brand new building within a unique Campus (not PFI/EFA) located in the historic Georgian harbour town of Whitehaven, with stunning views of the western fells of the Lake District.
- A welcoming school where the development of every person matters.
- Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
- The whole-hearted support of a challenging but supportive Governing Body.
St Benedict’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide suitable references. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
For an application pack, please download below or contact: Mrs A Hartley, Clerk to the Governors, at the School on telephone number 01946 692275 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the above number to make arrangements.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday, 25th March 2019.
Interviews will be held on the Tuesday, 23rd and Wednesday, 24th April 2019.