We are seeking an inspirational and creative leader who will drive the educational mission of our school, in partnership with our whole school community, to ensure our pupils receive the very best education. Our new Head Teacher will play a major role in maintaining and developing the positive ethos that reflects our commitment to raising aspirations and achievement, building on our current judgement of ‘good’ from Ofsted.
Longstone CE (A) Primary school is a rural school with a family feel underpinned by a broad Christian ethos. Lying in the heart of the beautiful Peak District National Park, the school is set in generous grounds, surrounded by glorious countryside and is well connected by major roads to Sheffield, Chesterfield, Manchester and Derby and the smaller market towns of Bakewell, Buxton and Matlock.
Our children and school community are looking for a very special individual who:
- Will instil the highest of expectations for our pupils to ensure that they make excellent progress across a well-developed and sequenced curriculum;
- Has a thorough understanding of what high quality teaching and learning looks like and will strive to ensure that this is the norm in Longstone CE (A) Primary School;
- Will be a team player who understands and embraces the value of community and uses this to maximum effect;
- Will uphold and promote our broad Christian ethos, ensuring that our values underpin everything that goes on within our school.
In return, we offer:
- Enthusiastic children who are eager to learn;
- Support from all stakeholders including: dedicated governors, hardworking staff, committed parents and a loyal wider local community;
- A commitment to continued professional development and school improvement;
- An engaging learning and working environment with generous outdoor space.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please contact the School Office on 01629 640377 to arrange an appointment.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Mark Taylor (Chair of Governors) on 01629 640377.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 27th March 2020
Interviews are scheduled for 27th & 28th April 2020
Employer information: Derby Diocesan Board of Education (Governing Body)
Org Type: Mainstream
Funding Status: State
Age Range: 4-11 years
Location and contacts
Address: Longstone CE (A) Primary School
Telephone: 01629 640377
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check.