Travis St Lawrence is a Church of England school that prides itself on a Christian ethos which is embedded in our curriculum and everything we do. We are looking for a headteacher who will support and develop the church’s vision for education and who has the creativity and strategic vision to lead our school on the next stage of its journey to become outstanding.
Building upon our existing strengths, our new headteacher will work with governors, staff, the diocese and the wider school community to articulate and deliver a strategy to secure ‘outstanding’ status by providing the highest standards of care and education to all our children.
In addition, our next headteacher will:
- have senior leadership experience and a proven record of school improvement
- have ambitious aspirations for all our children and an ability to motivate them to reach their full potential
- work with parents and value the part they play in each child’s learning journey
- extend the school’s links with the diocese, our partner schools and within the local community
- have the experience and ambition to steer the school through a changing education landscape
- develop leadership throughout the school whilst driving their own and our staff’s continuing professional development
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to:
- work with pupils who are ‘proud of their school’ and who ‘display good attitudes to learning’ (Ofsted 2016)
- work in a church school in which ‘the Christian values of love and care permeate the whole school’ (SIAMS 2016 – graded ‘Outstanding’)
- lead a dedicated and supportive team of staff, all of whom continually strive to achieve the very best for every child, whether it be educationally, morally, spiritually or physically
- develop the school’s strategy and vision alongside a supportive and effective governing body that is committed to your continued professional development
The staff and governors of Travis St Lawrence are looking for someone with the vision and ambition to take the school beyond outstanding – if this sounds like you, please get in touch.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged for Monday 31st January (am only) or Thursday 2nd February. To book a visit, please call the school office on 01302 842164
Completed applications forms, and any queries about the recruitment process,
should be addressed to Scott Glover at email@example.com or by
phoning 0776677 3682. In addition to the two employment-based referees
stipulated on the application form, candidates are invited to provide
details of a third, faith-based reference. If provided, please include the
referee's contact details at the end of your personal statement.
Travis St Lawrence CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure & Barring Service. Please take the time to read the safeguarding section and our safeguarding policy on the school’s website.
Closing date for applications: 1.00pm Friday 3rd February 2017
Assessment centre and interviews: Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th February 2017
Travis St. Lawrence CE Primary School
Cuckoo Lane, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN7 6QE
Tel: 01302 840200 (Lower) 01302 842164 (Upper)
Group 3 NOR 353