Hampreston First School is a very successful and popular school, situated in a rural location to the north of Bournemouth and Poole. We have approximately 150 children on roll, organised into five classes from Reception to Year 4. Our current Headteacher is leaving after 13 years in post to explore a new role in child development.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Headteacher who can lead us in the next phase of our development.
We require someone who:
- Can build excellent relationships with children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community
- Can inspire, motivate and empower staff to achieve excellence in teaching and learning
- Will ensure that all children enjoy their learning while developing their potential
- Will value our children and take pride in their achievements
- Will place Christian values at the heart of school policy and practice while welcoming children of all faiths and none
- Will appreciate and protect the traditions of the school while navigating a changing educational environment
- Highly motivated children and dedicated staff
- Supportive and committed parents and governing body
- A strong partnership with the Church and the community
- A caring and inclusive Christian ethos
- A beautiful county in which to live and work
- An opportunity to explore partnerships with other local schools
Visits to the school by arrangement are warmly welcomed. The Headteacher and the Chair of Governors would be delighted to show you around and answer your questions. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office by email (email@example.com) or phone (01202 573074). Please note that the school will be closed for the Easter holidays between Thursday 29 March and Monday 16 April.
Please also visit our website (www.hamprestonfirstschool.com) for further details of our school.
Closing date for applications: 4 April 2018
Shortlisting: 9 April 2018
Interview dates: 23 - 24 April 2018
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have a DBS check in line with the Government's safer recruitment guidelines.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.