Required for 1st September 2018. The Governors seek to appoint a dynamic, highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Early Years Specialist with successful practical experience of working in the Early Years Foundation Stage to continue to develop our school and build on our success.
We are looking for a Headteacher who has:
- The ambition to improve outcomes for all children
- A passion for teaching and learning, and the vision and ability to build on the school’s present achievements and caring ethos and be prepared to lead by example
- The ability to lead and inspire children, staff and parents
- A vision to continue to develop our strong links with the community
In return the school is proud to offer:
- A warm, welcoming and caring school as recognised by Ofsted
- A dedicated and talented team of enthusiastic, committed staff
- Practice and provision that promotes inclusivity through its Outreach work
- Supportive and active Governors and parents
- Encouragement to develop professional expertise, partnerships and collaborative working
- Inspirational learning environment
Applicants will need to provide leadership of a high quality in the academic, pastoral and management fields and be able to show evidence of the successful implementation of change. Applicants would also be expected to become part of the strategic leadership of Jack in the Box day care, to work in partnership with the manager to provide the best outcomes for all children.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school and are requested to contact Mrs T Codd on telephone number 01388 816112 to arrange an appointment.
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services, c/o the School and Governor Support Service, Children and Young People’s Services, County Hall, Durham. DH1 5UJ, or email SGSS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 28 February 2018 at 12 noon.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure form.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the ‘Disqualification by Association’ declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment can not be progressed without this declaration.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services