A school of ‘Love, Laughter and Learning’.
Required for 1 January 2018. The pupils, staff and governors seek to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and caring Headteacher, due to the promotion of the present postholder. We are looking for someone to build on our current strengths and further develop our successful school.
Our Governors and staff are looking for a Headteacher who
- is a strong leader, with clear vision, outstanding management, pastoral and communication skills and a commitment to support the Christian ethos of the school;
- is able to build and maintain effective relationships with children, parents, carers, governors and the wider community;
- is an excellent practitioner, is both creative and imaginative, who will lead by example and drive change to improve the school.
We can offer you
- well-motivated and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn, work hard and behave well;
- dedicated and professional staff, committed to enabling all children to fulfil their full potential;
- an active, supportive Governing Body which is committed to the development and wellbeing of the whole school community.
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services, c/o the School and Governor Support Service, Children and Adults Services, County Hall, Durham. DH1 5UJ, or email SGSS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
*Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 19 July 2017 at 12 noon.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure form.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the ‘Disqualification by Association’ declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment can not be progressed without this declaration.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services
DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL
Durham Blue Coat CE Voluntary Aided Junior School
Langley Road, Newton Hall, Durham, DH1 5LP
Tel. No. 0191 386 5975