The Governors of Wolsingham School seek to appoint an inspirational Headteacher with the drive, determination and vision to ensure every student at Wolsingham School is ready to face the challenges of life when they leave our care.
Located at the heart of Weardale, an area of outstanding natural beauty, Wolsingham School is approximately 20 minutes drive west of Durham. The school is set in extensive grounds and has benefited from new building linked by a glass atrium to the refurbished Grammar School to form a unique and integrated learning environment.
The school itself was founded in 1614 and for over 400 years, students at Wolsingham have benefited from our innovative approach to education. Our curriculum, army, police and fire cadets, House system, vertical tutor groups as well as awe and wonder extra-curricular visits have helped to establish our school as a leader of innovation.
What we’re looking for
- An outstanding, inspirational and visible leader – one who actively seeks out and values the opinions of staff, students, parents and the local community.
- A qualified teacher, with the credibility, resilience and determination to lead the school with a clear vision and focus.
- A strong track record of improving educational standards and achievement.
- Someone capable of leading and supporting other leaders in the community and of promoting a school positively in its local community.
- A sound understanding of school finances and the willingness to take tough decisions when necessary, in the best interests of students.
- An outward-facing and open-minded leader who is able to recognise and build on a school’s strengths while driving continuous improvement.
- Someone with experience as a senior leader
What we can offer
- A welcoming community of staff, students and parents.
- A committed and supportive Governing Body.
- A superb working environment in our new school
- A beautiful locality in which to live.
- A strong senior leadership team.
We encourage you to visit Wolsingham School, to arrange a visit please contact Mrs Gillian Norbury, PA to the Headteacher on 01388 527302 / email email@example.com
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services, c/o the School and Governor Support Service, Children and Young People’s Services, County Hall, Durham. DH1 5UJ, on receipt of a large s.a.e. or email SGSS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
Closing date: Thursday 28th September 2017 at 12 noon
Shortlist: Wednesday 4th October 2017
Interviews: Thursday 12th and Friday 13th October 2017
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure form.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the ‘Disqualification by Association’ declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment can not be progressed without this declaration.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services