St John’s Primary School is a successful two form entry community school with a diverse population in a new architect-designed building with capacity to expand. The school’s motto is ‘Achieving Together’, a motto which students and staff adhere strongly to. Pupil progress is among the highest in the country, putting the school in the top 3% for progress in England in 2017/18.
Our highly respected and successful Headteacher is leaving us following 16 years of outstanding service at the end of the academic year. We are therefore looking for an inspirational leader to build on the school’s strengths and to continue the journey of securing the best possible outcomes for all the children at this school. This is the ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about improving children’s life-chances and who is determined to continue the strong school ethos of inclusion.
The successful candidate will have a proven and extensive track record of working within the senior leadership team in a diverse primary school setting. The successful candidate should have natural problem-solving abilities and a resolute focus on attaining outstanding standards of achievement.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can provide strong visionary leadership.
- Is an innovative leader; with the ability to motivate and inspire pupils, staff and parents to create an inclusive and aspirational learning culture for all.
- Is committed to a team approach, using CDP opportunities to develop all staff.
- Expects the highest standards of all pupils, staff and members of the wider school community.
- Has a proven track record of being an excellent classroom practitioner as well as developing Teaching and Learning in a diverse primary school setting.
- Is committed to delivering a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum.
- Is committed to inclusion and championing the rights of all children in terms of equality and diversity.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A well-established, and effective staff team committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for children.
- A new school building offering an attractive and purposeful learning environment, set in spacious grounds.
- A renewed ‘Good’ judgement from Ofsted in October 2017.
- A culture of high expectations and inclusive practices which is a hallmark of this school.
- Children with a positive attitude who are eager to learn and take ownership of their learning.
- A committed and active Governing Body.
- Strong partnerships with the local community.
- A wider school network through the Ealing Learning Partnership, in particular working with fellow Headteachers.
Please take a look at the school’s website at www.st-johns.ealing.sch.uk where you will find information about our school including two recent films which show why staff and pupils think St John’s is the best place to learn and work.
We welcome you to visit the school, to meet our pupils and staff, and to experience the facilities we have. Please contact the school office on 020 8567 6251 to arrange a visit on either Thursday 28th February at 9am, or Wednesday 6th March at 1.30pm.
If you wish to request an application pack please email Monica Pallan-Sharma on SBM@st-johns.ealing.sch.uk
Closing date: Monday 11th March, 10am.
Shortlisting: Wednesday 13th March.
Assessment and interviews: Tuesday 19th March.
St John’s is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Certificate from the DBS. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk