This is an exceptional opportunity to lead a much loved Catholic Primary School, set in the picturesque seaside town of Eastbourne along the sunshine coast, which nestles at the foot of the South Downs National Park with good road and rail links to London and the surrounding areas.
The Governors, staff and children welcome applications for the post of Headteacher. We seek to appoint a truly outstanding and motivated individual who is a practising Catholic and a strong leader, to develop the School from Good to Outstanding and to maintain the focus on achieving excellent outcomes in an environment filled with Gospel values, the joy of learning and laughter.
St Thomas a Becket is a 2 form entry Primary School in the Eastbourne Deanery of The Diocese of Arundel and Brighton. We have a large catchment area extending to include Polegate and Hailsham families to the north and Pevensey and Stone Cross to the east. We currently have 478 pupils on roll. St Thomas a Becket is a feeder School to the outstanding St. Richard’s Catholic College in Bexhill-on-Sea 12 miles away.
In our mission statement we affirm the Catholic ethos by fostering and developing the faith communities of our School, parishes and home.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who will:
- Be committed to the Catholic ethos of the School and someone who tries to live the values of the Gospel every day.
- Strive to bring the very best out of each and every pupil
- Inspire, lead and continue developing staff to reach their potential to contribute to the high standard our pupils deserve.
- Build upon strong links with our clergy, parish and wider community
In return we can offer:
- A warm welcoming School with a very supportive Catholic Ethos
- Pupils who are welcoming, polite, confident, with an excellent attitude to learning
- A strong team of talented staff open to ideas and committed to driving improvement in our School and Community.
- A Board of Governors who will support you as you strive to innovate, improve, encourage and engage.
- A hard working, positive Friends Association whose mission is to support the School.
- A close relationship with all our parishes that play a key role in the life of the School.
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact The Bursar, Edwina Lucani on 01323 737221 to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit.
To request a copy of our recruitment pack, please email the Leadership Recruitment Team at East Sussex County Council:
Closing date: 9am Monday 25th March 2019.
Interviews: Wednesday 24th & Thursday 25th April 2019
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and the post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory pre-employment checks and references.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.