St Mary Magdalene Catholic Primary school, a single form entry school in Bexhill wishes to appoint an experienced teacher to lead this inspirational school into the next stage of its development. Currently rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED and outstanding in S48, the Governors are seeking a committed Catholic to lead the school to new heights of educational excellence.
The job is to
- Continue to improve the progress and growth of all our pupils through effective leadership of the school.
- Lead the professional development of all members of the school team, enthusing and inspiring colleagues to strive for excellence.
- Explore opportunities to engage with national initiatives.
- Lead the school through any OFSTED inspections, towards an outstanding result.
- Ensure the school respond to changes in the educational environment including reviewing the whole school curriculum with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure it is fit for purpose and enables the school to face future challenges.
- Lead the school in strategic matters including consultation on joining the Bosco Catholic Education Trust.
The successful candidate will be
- A current senior leader with an ambitious attitude for achievement for our pupils and the school.
- An experienced, well qualified teacher who knows what excellent teaching looks like and how to develop it in others.
- Looking for their next challenge both personally and professionally.
- Committed to engaging with the staff and taking them thorough change positively, building on the good practice that already exists as well as implementing new ideas.
- Prepared to ask the difficult questions and deliver solutions.
In Return you will have
- The Diocesan Educational Service for Arundel and Brighton for advice and assistance.
- Committed support from the Governors.
- Mentoring from an experienced Headteacher.
- A personal program of CPD tailored to your requirements.
- A happy faith community with committed staff and children who love to learn.
We warmly welcome you to visit our school, please contact Laura Neal, School Business Manager on (01424) 735810 or email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Monday 04 November 2019.
Interview Dates: Monday 18 & Tuesday 19 November 2019.
To apply for this position and receive a recruitment pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school for this opportunity. This school does not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies, or other commercial organisations, on behalf of their clients seeking employment.
Please do not apply for this position via the TES on line application process, please follow the instructions in the advert and obtain and return a completed application form from the Leadership Recruitment Team.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.