Peacehaven Heights Primary and Nursery School is on the lookout for a new Head. We are a rapidly improving school and need someone with grit, humour, determination and passion to ensure we become one of the very best schools in East Sussex. The Interim Executive Board (IEB) is considering all options to secure further improvements at the school including considering an academy conversion. We want you to build on the well-established, vibrant and enriching learning environment that engages and enthuses our children and enables them to reach their full potential. Whether you are an experienced Headteacher or are embarking on your first Headship, this is an incredible opportunity for someone with the right mix of skills.
The children, staff and parents would like a Headteacher who:
- Is resilient.
- Will ensure the continued stability, ethos and vision of the school.
- Is brave, leads by example and isn’t afraid to take risks.
- Embraces the school’s enriched and creative curriculum.
- Has high expectations for everyone and will inspire an enjoyment and love of learning that our children will carry with them for life.
- Demonstrates ambition for the whole school community and articulates high expectations, ensuring all the while that the children are the priority.
- Believes in developing resilient children whilst nurturing the more vulnerable.
- Aims to develop positive relationships and a feeling of team spirit throughout the whole school community.
- Fosters an inspiring, professional work environment and promotes a culture of continued professional development for all staff.
- Is fun.
The Interim Executive Board (IEB) is seeking a Headteacher who will:
- Provide inspirational and purposeful leadership which will result in high levels of achievement and development for all.
- Manage the school’s resources effectively and be able to demonstrate formidable skills in strategic management, resource management, personnel management and financial management.
- Work with the IEB to implement the shared vision and set strategic improvement plans which will inspire and motivate pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Promote and build upon the existing outstanding standards of teaching and learning so that each individual can thrive and realise their potential.
- Develop our culture of sustained and focused collaboration that produces exceptional outcomes.
Our new Headteacher will have the privilege and satisfaction of:
- Heading up a rapidly improving primary school on the beautiful East Sussex coast.
- Being at the forefront of school improvement and educational innovation
- Leading a brilliant and talented team of dedicated teaching staff who are always willing to go the extra mile.
- Growing our ethos of mutual respect throughout the whole school community
- Fostering a caring and understanding approach.
- Ensuring the children at Peacehaven are given as many opportunities as possible to discover what they truly love doing.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and positively encouraged. To arrange a visit (during the weeks commencing 13 and 20 January 2020) please contact Angela Rowe, the School Business Manager, on 01273 575989 or email@example.com
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school. We do not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies or other commercial organisations.
Please do not apply for this position via the TES online application process, please follow the instructions in the advert and obtain and return a completed application form from the Leadership Recruitment Team.
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 27 January 2020.
Shortlisting: Wednesday 29 January 2020.
Interview: Thursday 27 & Friday 28 February 2020.
Peacehaven Heights Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.