Merrylands Primary School has an exciting opportunity for a Headteacher to join the team in September 2019.
Merrylands Primary School and Nursery has an excellent reputation in the local community. We are one of five schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and aspirational leader for our large, happy and successful primary school.
Our new Headteacher will have:
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
- Significant experience in improving teaching, learning and assessment so that all pupils are able to thrive
- The ability to adapt to an ever changing educational world
- A passion for fostering a love of learning in all pupils and be able to promote positive attitudes in pupils and staff
- Experience of working in partnership with other local schools and external agencies in order to contribute to creating a strong, resilient and responsive community
Our school and MAT can offer you:
- A strong committed leadership team
- A supportive and welcoming school environment with positive pupils who enjoy learning in a safe environment
- A team of talented and conscientious staff who work together to provide the best education and support for our pupils
- An enthusiastic and supportive Trust and Local Governing Body
Berlesduna Academy Trust values and invests in staff, offering excellent training, development and planned career progression.
If you believe you are the person who can lead us to further success, we welcome your application. Please call us to arrange a visit so you can experience our ethos first hand. Visits can be arranged by contacting Lisa Perry on email@example.com or by phone on 01268 464759. A printed information pack will be available when you visit us.
Please take care to complete the application in full, as any incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications close Tuesday 26th February 2019 (noon). Interviews will take place on Thursday 7th March 2019.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.