Become a community leader!
Theydon Bois School is a larger than average primary school, (one and half form of entry). Although set in a semi-rural and village community, it is on the Central Line, with excellent road links and on-site parking.
We believe that children achieve more if they feel happy and secure and the personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve, which is why we aim to develop children in all of these areas via a broad curriculum.
Due to the retirement and family relocation of our very successful Head Teacher, we are looking for a caring, committed and innovative new Head Teacher with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The post will be challenging in many ways but rewarding. We gained a Good Ofsted grade in January 2013 and aspire to become Outstanding.
The successful candidate will:
- need to be passionate about providing first class opportunities in learning, development and welfare for our pupils
- require a good understanding of EYFS and SEN, which are amongst the strengths of our school
- have the ability to analyse data to inform planning, and improve performance
- have the vision to continue to further develop the standards which Theydon Bois pupils have achieved in recent years
- have the relevant skills/or experience of ‘creatively’ managing budgets to maximise efficiency/make best use of available funding to support a good curriculum offer.
In return we offer:
- a well-established school, with capacity to expand, both in developmental and physical terms
- a strong, committed, stable and experienced group of staff, with a sense of humour, who work hard as a team
- a strong and supportive Governing Body
- supportive and engaged parents (& a very active and successful PTA)
- well motivated and engaged pupils, involved in their own learning
- a school set in extensive grounds (including a swimming pool) offering plenty of sporting activities.
If you can be an inspirational leader, we would like to invite you to experience our very warm welcome and to meet our enthusiastic pupils and hardworking and dedicated staff. Apply for the headship at Theydon Bois School, and play a significant role in a local community. We look forward to meeting you. If you would like to visit us, please contact Julie Bedwell, Administrative Officer at the school to arrange a visit.
An application pack can be downloaded from the online advert at www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk or please contact: Carolyn Kerr, Schools Recruitment Team, EES for Schools, Essex County Council, Telephone 03330 139835 or Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 4 October 2017 Noon
Shortlisting Date: Thursday 5 October 2017
Interview Date: Tuesday 17 October 2017
Theydon Bois Primary School
Orchard Drive, Theydon Bois, Essex CM16 7DH
Tel: 01992 813083. Website: www.theydonbois.essex.sch.uk