Lowick CE (VC) First School
30 Main Street
Berwick upon Tweed
Group 1, First School of approximately 27 pupils
Holy Island CE (VA) First School
Berwick upon Tweed
Group 1, First School with currently 1 pupil
Individual School Range L8 - L14 (£46,799- £54,250 per annum)
Required to begin from 1st April 2018.
Governors of Lowick CE First School and Holy Island CE First School are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Headteacher to lead and be part of the committed staff from summer term 2018 or sooner if possible. The joint headship across the two schools provides a unique opportunity for personal and professional development.
We need our Headteacher to have:
- A passion for teaching and learning and an understanding of the contexts of education in a small rural school.
- A clear focus on the progression of each child and a belief that every child can and should achieve their potential.
- The ability to engage parents and carers in their child’s education.
- The ability to strive for further excellence and be both creative and flexible in leading the school into the next stage of its development.
- A passion which places the school at the heart of our community and a willingness to involve and work with the community and a range of professionals to support our children.
In return we offer you:
- Children who are motivated, well behaved and eager to learn and who are the focus of everything we do.
- A small but dedicated and enthusiastic staff team.
- Very supportive governors and well established partnership working with other local primary schools.
- A friendly environment and a strong and committed ethos to the local community,
- An opportunity to develop stronger links and collaboration with the local community.
- The opportunity grow and develop your leadership and management skills and support for your own professional development.
Please note the post is likely to carry some teaching commitment.
Visits are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Linda Blenkinsop at the school to make an appointment. - telephone 01289 388268.
Both Schools are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Further details obtainable by downloading an applicants pack and applying on line.
Completed forms must be submitted by noon on Friday 13th October 2017.
If you wish the Governors to give particular consideration to your application on grounds of your religious commitment, please enter the name and address of your parish priest or minister who may be asked for a reference. References will not be taken up without prior consent.
Please e-mail declarations separately to Lisa.Headington@northumberland.gov.uk