Based a few miles north of Kettering in the picturesque village of Geddington, the school has a history of over 220 years and the next chapter of this history is waiting to be written.
The governors would like to appoint an outstanding Headteacher for September 2021, who has a proven track record of sustained improvement within the Primary Sector and a desire to deliver the best educational practices available to the pupils who attend our school.
You will need to have experience of successful headship, acting headship or deputy headship and be able to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for the concepts of our embedded ethos of Care, Respect, Responsibility, Joy and Excellence in Learning.
▪ have an inspiring vision for the leadership of a church school
▪ have a ‘can do’ mentality and a commitment to making a difference to the life chances of each child, leading them in sharing the core principles of our ethos
▪ have the ability to build, lead, develop, inspire and motivate a team of staff
▪ be a champion of innovation and bring a creative approach to the position.
Our vision is to:
▪ inspire the future of each pupil through making learning fun and creative
▪ support pupils in becoming secure in their knowledge, articulate thinkers and independent learners, who have confidence to achieve their ambitions
▪ build a team who will listen to pupils, be fair and helpful, and lead them in knowing, understanding and sharing our core values
▪ support teachers in their careers and contribution to a vibrant and dynamic community
▪ provide a broad and balanced curriculum infused with our core values.
The governors can offer you:
▪ the opportunity to lead and develop our school within your vision of “Best Practice”
▪ their wholehearted support along with that of the local churches and community
▪ leadership development opportunities
▪ the chance to build further from a successful platform of a well respected school, with the appetite from teachers and governors to continue the pursuit of improvement and excellence.
Group 2 Salary Range: L9 – 15 (£51,402 - £59,581)
Closing date: Monday 12th April 2021 (midday)
Please apply via our school website - https://www.geddingtonschool.co.uk/vacancies/
CVs will not be accepted.
Successful applicants will be informed by Monday 19th April 2021 and invited to interview the following week.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the school, please contact Rebecca Ives, Deputy Head, on 01536 742201.
Geddington CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We follow Safer Recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.
Geddington Church of England Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary controlled funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years