The governors of Berkeley Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational and ambitious leader who will build on the existing strengths of the school and ensure success at every level.
Berkeley Primary School is a vibrant and successful school with happy children and a hardworking and highly motivated staff team and governing body. Every individual in the school makes a wonderful contribution to its high standards, achievements and efficiency; children have fun while they grow and learn. The school is at the heart of the community with a strong reputation in the local area. Relationships with families are extremely positive and parents and carers readily support the school and their children’s learning.
Berkeley Primary School is a founding member of Cotswold Beacon Academy Trust (CBAT) and has a strong commitment to achieving success through partnership and teamwork.
The successful applicant will:
- be a successful leader, as a current Deputy or Headteacher, with the ability to inspire a talented and motivated staff team
- be an excellent primary practitioner with a passion for excellence in teaching and learning, who will keep our children’s’ learning and outcomes at the heart of every decision
- value our children and take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be passionate learners and realise their full potential;
- understand the importance of children having fun as they learn so they enjoy their school days
- actively promote the school’s strengths and build upon its role as a school for the whole community and an active member of CBAT
- have a caring, visible and approachable attitude to staff, children and parents.
We can offer you:
- children who are eager to learn, well behaved and very proud of their school
- a highly committed staff team with an appetite for creativity and continuous improvement
- a thriving school which supports the whole child through a rich range of extra-curricular activities
- an active and supportive Governing Body and support from the executive and central team at CBAT
- the opportunity to develop professionally and personally within the school and the wider trust.
Should you wish to visit the school prior to completing an application there are 4 days when this is possible:
Monday 5th to 7th February 9:30 to 12:00 and 9th February 9:30 to 12:30.
Please contact the school to arrange an appointment on 01453 810254 or email@example.com
Berkeley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Please do not hesitate to contact Mr Nathan Wolstenhome (Chair of Governors firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Stuart Wilson (Chief Executive Officer of CBAT email@example.com) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer, or contact Amanda Oxberry (PA to CEO) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is noon on Monday 19th February
Shortlisting: Wednesday 21st February
Invitation to interview sent: Thursday 22nd February
Interviews 6th and 7th March at Berkeley Primary School
websites: http://www.berkeleyprimary.org.uk/ www.cbat.academy/