Woolaston is seeking an exceptional headteacher with energy and ambition to take our school into the next phase of its journey. We are a one-form entry school located in a Forest of Dean village serving a wider and growing community. We are looking to appoint a headteacher who is excited by the prospect to innovate and lead improvement.
We are a vibrant school community where the leadership team aspire to provide highly effective teaching and learning to enable every child to be a creative, independent and resilient learner. You will provide inspirational and strong leadership by supporting, developing, and motivating the staff team to deliver quality education for all our pupils. Woolaston is an inclusive school and is seeking a headteacher who has the skills and focus to drive forward delivery of our vision for our children to learn, achieve and celebrate together.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional headteacher who:
- will lead a real and noticeable difference both to individual pupils and the wider school community.
- has excellent and proven leadership and management skills, who is approachable, willing to share and delegate, listen and learn.
- has a breadth of experience in managing and supporting staff through change.
- is committed to identifying, developing and implementing strategies to achieve and maintain high standards of teaching, and wide-ranging aspiration.
- can evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum in the light of children’s needs, national and local priorities.
- forms excellent partnerships with local schools, educationalists and the community to drive forward our improvement agenda.
- will drive and maintain the ethos, values and aims of the school, with staff, governors and children.
Informal visits are encouraged. Please contact Amanda Breese to arrange an appointment on 01594 529 270.
If you would like to apply please contact Amanda Breese, email@example.com , for an application pack, which is also available from the school website ( https://www.woolastonprimary.co.uk/staff-vacancies/ ). Electronic application packs are also available.
Closing date: Friday 31st January 2020 at 12.00 noon.
Interview date: Wednesday 26th February 2020
Formal applications must be submitted electronically to Wendy Gallagher at Governor Services, Gloucestershire, County Council. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Woolaston Primary School have a responsibility for and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. Posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.