Following the recent retirement of our highly successful Headteacher, the Board of Governors wish to appoint a person with drive, tenacity, excellent leadership skills and strategic vision to take the school from Good to Outstanding.
Leasowes High School was rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted in 2016 and is an oversubscribed converter academy which is part of the Invictus Education Trust - a successful family of five excellent secondary schools. The school is a mixed-ability 11-18 academy, with a very positive and strong identity that has made considerable progress in recent years. The school opened a small Sixth Form in September 2017 and this will be an exciting area for development in the coming years.
If you are passionate about making a difference for every child, value diversity, respect difference and have the skills to build upon the strengths of our staff team, we would like you to drive our school to further success.
We welcome applications for the position of Headteacher, to lead the school at an exciting stage on its journey.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is a highly effective and successful leader with drive, ambition and the skills to inspire the very highest expectations for all.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, is approachable and a good listener.
- Has the clarity of thought and resilience to steer the school onto the next stage of its journey.
- Is completely committed to the development of both students and staff.
- Is committed to working collaboratively with other Headteachers in the Invictus MAT and the Board of Trustees.
In return, we can offer:
- A friendly, caring and supportive employer with a strong emphasis on staff wellbeing.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of the growth and development of a newly-formed MAT and Sixth Form.
- A receptiveness to new ideas and innovations that promote and extend learning at all levels.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Jane Harper – Director of HR to arrange this on 01384 816285.
To apply for this post please complete and return the attached application form.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
Shortlisting: 3rd November 2017
Interviews: 13th & 14th November 2017
Leasowes High School is committed to safeguarding all its pupils, and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check is required for this post.