Reference No 7688
All Saints Upton Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Hough Green Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 4PG
0151 257 2450
Number on roll: 208
The governors, pupils and staff of All Saints Upton C.E. Primary School seek to appoint a forward thinking and inspirational leader to maintain the Christian character of our school. You will have the vision and commitment to continue to raise standards and also the sensitivity to preserve what is special.
All Saints Upton C.E. Primary School is a single form entry school where we encourage all by providing a welcoming, friendly and supportive school in which Christian values are central to our work together.
The custom-designed building opened in January 2011 and we share our premises with Upton Children’s Centre and independently managed pre-school.
We can offer you a school with:
- A distinctive Christian ethos, where the school community unites as a family.
- Happy and motivated children who are keen to excel.
- Well motivated staff who are committed to school improvement.
- A committed and supportive governing board.
We seek to appoint an outstanding leader who will:
- Have proven leadership abilities.
- Have high standards and the ability to motivate staff, pupils and parents in a positive and proactive manner.
- Help children to acquire a love of learning and knowledge that will encourage them to continue learning beyond school.
- Work with governors to have a clear vision for the school and an ability to build on existing standards.
Interested applicants are welcome to visit the school during the week commencing 11th September and should arrange an appointment via the School office. However formal school documents will only be released to short listed candidates if required for the selection process.
- The School is located within easy reach of Liverpool, Manchester and Chester with excellent links to the motorway network.
- The closing date for applications is at midnight on Sunday 24th September 2017.
- Shortlisting will take place on Friday 29th September 2017.
- Interviews and selection process will take place on Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th October.
Application forms are also available from our website www.halton.gov.uk or by telephoning 0303 333 4300 quoting Reference No 7688
If successful you will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.direct.gov.uk/crb
Note: This post requires a Criminal Self-Disclosure form to be completed and returned with the application form. No applications will be considered without this form.
The Council and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
An equal opportunities organisation which welcomes applications from all sections of the community.