Would you like to be the new headteacher for Kings’ School Winchester?
The school currently has 1717 pupils on roll and sits right in the heart of the local community. As the new headteacher you will be expected to enhance the school as well as continue the strong journey of improvement inspired by the current headteacher who is moving on to a fresh challenge.
You could be part of a school that is highly inclusive and a place where everyone works together, knowing that all human beings are equally and infinitely valuable and that they have equal rights and equal dignity. At Kings' we promote respect, kindness and courtesy. We aim to enjoy our learning and to care for, and protect, every member of the school family. We respect high achievement, whatever form it takes.
You will occupy an influential position as the lead professional in the school and as such you will be a significant role model within the school and the local community. Winchester is a fantastic place to live and work and combines the best of city and country life.
We are looking for a candidate that can demonstrate recent and successful secondary school experience as a headteacher or deputy headteacher, who can evidence significant leadership in school improvement.
Your success in the role of headteacher at Kings’ will be evaluated against five key criteria:
- Academic: Furthering the academic success of the school, particularly in GCSEs against a range of measures, including national benchmarks.
- Teaching: Improving standards of teaching, learning and pupil engagement.
- Culture: Enhancing the school's culture and ethos as a positive, happy and dynamic centre of excellence where children are inspired to reach their full potential.
- Leadership: Providing leadership and management of the school's teaching and administrative staff, including their motivation and passion for excellence, their engagement and drive.
- Financial: Financial leadership of the school against budget.
In return, the school offers you:
- A close-knit school community with aspirational pupils and parents.
- An opportunity to put your own mark on the school’s journey of improvement.
- A team of dedicated and hard-working staff determined to move the school forward.
- Confident, enthusiastic, well behaved and happy pupils who deserve the very best.
- A Governing Body that is supportive, passionately committed to providing effective and strategic leadership.
- A commitment to support your own continuing professional development.
The governors are keen to hear from you and we suggest that you take a look at this article in Hampshire Life for some details on living in Winchester https://www.hampshire-life.co.uk/homes-gardens/property-market/living-in-winchester-1-6350789
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed on either 1st or 2nd of April. Please contact the Business Manager, Ian Pickles via email to arrange at I.Pickles@kings-winchester.hants.sch.uk
Please find attached the Headteacher Information pack and application form. Applications will need to be returned to Education Personnel Services, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date:17/04/2020 at 12:00
Interview dates:27/04/2020 & 28/04/2020
Kings' School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.