EMPOWERMENT · POSITIVITY · WELLBEING
A unique opportunity has arisen to lead an outstanding secondary special school in the heart of the diverse multi-ethnic community of Harrow, North West London from January 2022.
Shaftesbury High School caters for up to 180 pupils aged 11-19 who experience a wide range of learning difficulties, including learning, emotional, behavioural, communication, medical, physical, sensory and social needs.
Our new leader will ideally have experience of senior leadership in special schools dealing with MLD, ASD and/or SLD and a good understanding and awareness of what is required to be a Headteacher of this type of school.
Shaftesbury High School is a very successful and well-respected school, with a strong emphasis on wellbeing and support for both staff and pupils. Over the past two and a half years we have successfully introduced a new curriculum and structure.
We are offering our new Headteacher the opportunity to take this on and embed it, building upon existing successes, and maintaining the momentum:
- A stable, dedicated and committed team of brilliant and innovative staff and governors who want to work collaboratively with their next school leader.
- Extraordinary pupils who want a compassionate, warm and nurturing Headteacher to help prepare them for EHC adult outcomes and on their journey towards adulthood.
- Fantastic support of your wellbeing and a commitment to your continued professional development.
- Strong links with other local SEN schools, the local authority, faith leaders, employers, FE providers and others.
- Excellent community engagement and fundraising activities.
- The opportunity to take our unique model on to the next stage, within the wider context of SEND provision.
- Our school was cited as a benchmark for remote online learning during the pandemic, and we are justly proud of our record in this area. We want our new Headteacher to continue to take our online learning from strength to strength.
- The opportunity to play a key strategic role in taking our school to even greater heights.
“Shaftesbury’s Vision is ‘to build just, collaborative and accessible communities, carving pathways into them’. The ‘just’ begins by stakeholders valuing the morals ‘Be Kind, Be Respectful, Be Resilient, Be Responsible, Grow’ as their own.”
If you think you have what it takes to lead Shaftesbury High School and take on this important and exciting new challenge, we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the role please contact Chairman Cllr Jean Lammiman via the Finance and Personnel Officer, Maria Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome visits to the school for prospective applicants. To arrange a visit please email Maria Kelly on the above email address.
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: email@example.com Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Important dates to be aware of:
Closing date: Friday 3rd September 2021
Shortlisting: Tuesday 7th September 2021
Interviews: Thursday 16th September & Friday 17th September 2021
Shaftesbury High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
Shaftesbury High School
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years