A brilliant opportunity has arisen to lead our hardworking team.
The governors are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher with the commitment to build on the work of the current leadership team and lead the school through its next exciting phase of development. We are looking for someone with a passion and fierce commitment to providing a nurturing and enriching primary school experience for every child. Heckmondwike Primary School is proud to be at the heart of a rich and diverse community.
We can offer you:
- Inquisitive, vibrant and well behaved children who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school.
- The opportunity to work with a committed staff, supportive parents and governors who are enthusiastic and keen to continue to further develop the school’s enormous potential
- A school which is a member of a very effective innovative Trust of local schools
- A well-resourced and well-funded school
Our Headteacher will bring:
- The energy and creativity to drive curriculum innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively
- A rigorous approach in identifying pupil achievement gaps and an imaginative approach to the instigation of interventions to address these gaps
- An ability to turn challenging situations into positive outcomes
- An uncompromising commitment to ensuring outstanding teaching for every child
- The strategic leadership and direction to build on our current ‘Good’ Ofsted rating
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form attached. Completed applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com or by post to Susan Muxworthy, Floor 1, Kirkgate Buildings, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1BY.
Application will close on: Friday 24th January at midday
Shortlisting will take place on: Monday 3rd February
Interviews will be held on Monday 10th and Tuesday 11th February
Please ensure that your personal statement evidences how you meet the person specification for the post in no more than 3000 words, using Arial font and size 12. Please do not send CV’s.
Our website gives a good introduction to our school. Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and guided tours of the school will be available at the following dates and times:
- Thursday 16th January, 13.30 and 16.30
- Friday 17th January, 10.00
- Monday 20th January, 13.30
- Tuesday 21st January, 10.00
If you require further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office on: 01924 325690 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org