Mill Mead Primary School is looking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Headteacher to deliver our vision of excellent teaching and learning in a whole child focused environment. Located in the town of Hertford, Mill Mead is a school at the very heart of the community where we ‘build strong foundations which empower children to enjoy success as lifelong learners and make a positive contribution to society’. The small catchment area of approximately 500 metres gives our school a distinctly community focus and a feel of a ‘village school but not in a village’.
Our vision: The Headteacher is critical in developing, driving and delivering the School’s vision for the school which includes:
- Commitment to the school’s whole child approach.
- Working with all stakeholders to further shape and deliver on the school’s vision and for the future.
- Leading on the ongoing development of curriculum content and delivery.
- Maintaining and developing exceptional teaching.
- Ensuring children make excellent academic progress whilst maintaining an appreciation of their school, local, national and global communities.
- Working with external partners to provide further opportunities for enrichment and development.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will embody the community approach that is at the heart of school life. To be successful they will be a community leader with a visible presence who is able to develop and nurture relationships with all stakeholders.
To be successful the new Headteacher will need:
- An engaging presence.
- The ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- An understanding of the need to maintain and further develop strong relationships within the community.
- Tenacity and determination.
In return we can offer you:
- A welcoming and positive school with a broad and enriched curriculum full of opportunities to develop their personal and social qualities as well as their knowledge and skills in different subject areas.
- Children who are motivated towards a lifelong learning journey.
- Participation in the New Headteacher Induction programme or tailored CPD for an experienced Head.
- A salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- A supportive Governing body.
- A strong leadership team, hardworking and committed staff.
- An engaged parent community and proactive PTA.
- Strong links with the wider community.
- Support of your wellbeing to ensure your success as a leader of our school.
If you are interested in this opportunity at Mill Mead Primary School we highly encourage you to visit our friendly school and speak to Governors, the current Head and talk to the children and answer any questions you may have.
To arrange a visit to the school, please contact the current Headteacher, Mrs Sue Nesbitt-Larking, on 01992 582776.
To apply, please visit teachinherts.com
Please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Tuesday 25th February 2020 at 9:00am
Shortlisting Date: Thursday 27th February 2020
Interview Date: Friday 6th March 2020
If you are downloading the application form please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Mill Mead Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education.