Will you be the new Headteacher for our unique nursery and pre-school starting in September 2018?
If you are passionate about early years education and think you’ve got what it takes to lead this happy and vibrant setting onto the next phase of its journey to sustain our outstanding Ofsted grading, then please give us a call. We would be delighted to show you round so that you can see for yourself our wonderful school.
At Arlesdene, we have a highly qualified and dedicated staff team who are committed to providing every child with the very best start within this Early Years setting.
We recognise that no two children are the same and we believe our setting with both funded and paid for childcare makes us a valuable resource for children and parents in Cheshunt . We are committed to helping each child develop socially, emotionally and enable them to maximise their potential so that, when the time comes, they are able to confidently progress to the next stage of their education.
This is an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking Headteacher who will take our popular Nursery School forward onto the next phase of its journey in sustaining Outstanding. Whether you are an existing Headteacher, a Deputy or Phase Leader in a large school looking for your next challenge, you will have a passion for early education and the desire to further develop the role of the nursery as a centre of excellence for early years education in Hertfordshire.
The Governing Board believes the right person for this opportunity will be:
- A leader who is passionate about Early Years education
- A leader who has creativity, flair and an interest in finance to ensure that both parts of the setting can continue to thrive
- A leader who is energetic, looking to research and practice to inform the direction of their work
- A leader with a coaching and mentoring approach in their management style
- A leader who is able to inspire others and lead change and development
- A leader with a track record of achieving excellent outcomes and progress for young children.
In return, we can offer you:
- A committed, supportive and approachable governing board who enjoy being involved with the school
- The opportunity to lead a setting and will develop your skills
- A rich learning environment with outstanding outdoor provision
- A great opportunity to sustain our schools outstanding Ofsted grading and support with your continuing professional development
- A supportive and motivated team
We have wonderful children starting their lives in this happy and vibrant setting. Please visit our website to find out even more about us!
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please telephone the school office and speak with our current headteacher, Catherine Croft on 01992 626879 to arrange a time to come and see us. (Please be aware that Nursery & Pre-School is closed between Friday 30th March and Monday 16th April, reopening on Tues 17th April and we would be delighted to show you around outside of these dates).
Closing Date: 9am Friday 4th May
Shortlisting: Tuesday 8th May
Interview: Friday 18th May
Note: To update the application form you must download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Arlesdene Nursery School and Pre-School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including the barred list, as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2016).
To apply online please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_46677.htm