An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated, enthusiastic and committed Headteacher to lead Dewhurst St Mary CE Primary from April 2020, following the retirement of our current long standing Headteacher.
Dewhurst is a popular one form entry school located within a vibrant community in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. We are a caring, warm and friendly school where everyone feels valued and respected. We have strong links with the Church which underpins our Christian ethos, multi-faith, diverse community, aims, values and aspirations for the future.
Dream Believe Achieve
Our motivated team of staff and governors are seeking a leader who shares our Christian ethos and is passionate about promoting and continuing to drive standards of teaching and learning towards even greater success. You will be ready to embark on the next stage of your career, with the ambition, experience and skills to provide high quality leadership and management and steer our school through to the next stage of its development.
Our governors, staff, children want a Headteacher who:
- Has a proven track record with high expectations to lead by example
- Believes in promoting excellence and has the passion and enthusiasm to develop a culture of high achievement
- Has an open door policy and is a visible leader within our school community
- Will be able to communicate with our multi-faith and diverse range of parents
- Will build on our existing strengths and challenge us further to achieve our goals
- Will provide a caring atmosphere embracing our Christian ethos
- Is ready to lead our school and move us to outstanding
- Is energetic, enthusiastic and fun
In return we offer:
- A warm and welcoming school with well-behaved pupils who have a zest for learning.
- A stable and strong experienced staff team and SLT
- A supportive governing body and proactive parent community
- Strong links with the Church and global community
- A commitment to your continued professional development and chance to develop and an opportunity to take on an exciting new challenge
We encourage you to come and visit us, meet with our staff and talk with the children. Please contact email@example.com or phone 01992 624177 to arrange an appointment. If you wish to discuss the role please contact Chair of Governors, Mr Chris Robinson at Crobinson@dewhurst.herts.sch.uk.
Start date: April 2020
Closing date: Monday 25th November, 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 27th November
Interviews: Tuesday 3rd December
Please note no late applications will be considered.
For further information, please read our Candidate Pack.
For application queries please contact the Leadership Recruitment Team on 01438 845785
To apply, please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_56698.htm
Please be advised that CVs will not be accepted.
Dewhurst St Mary CE School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).