A brilliant opportunity has arisen to lead our happy, inclusive and successful community school in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. We are proud of our school, open to new and creative ideas and believe in the potential of every child in our care. We are looking for a leader with the passion and commitment to provide a nurturing and enriching primary school experience for every child.
We can offer
- Unique, kind and caring pupils who respect each other and appreciate one another’s differences
- An experienced, stable and talented staff body who work together for a common goal and have a vested interest in the happiness of the children and their families
- An enthusiastic group of parents who are a big part of the school community and have established the very successful school fundraising charity ‘Friends of Roundwood Primary School’
- Governors who are dedicated to helping the school continue to move forward in the current education climate
- An eco-friendly school that benefits from lots of green space and offers a vast range of enriching extracurricular activities and resources for our children and staff
You will bring
- Proven leadership skills at a senior leadership level along with the energy, creativity and vision to further drive innovation and progress whilst maintaining existing practices that are working effectively
- A willingness to embrace diversity, identify pupil achievement gaps and ensure the provision of an inclusive learning environment so all pupils are catered for and can achieve their best
- A visible, measured and collaborative approach and willingness to proactively engage with and forge close relationships with the pupils, staff, parents, governors and Friends of Roundwood Primary School
- A commitment to embrace all aspects of school life ensuring our children have access to the best quality education and whole school experience, so they leave happy, content and able to move on successfully to their next adventures
Please view our most recent Ofsted Report, our website and come and visit our school. We will be delighted to meet you, to show you around and to answer any questions that you may have. If you have further questions about the school or wish to arrange a visit, please contact the school office (01582 460756 or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you wish to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Rosie Hancock, the Chair of Governors via the school administrator above.
To apply, please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_56886.htm or send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: email@example.com
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 9th December at 9am
Interview date: Wednesday 18th December
If you are downloading the application form please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Roundwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).