Rye Park Nursery School, based in Hoddesdon Hertfordshire, offers a safe, secure and happy environment for children aged 2-5 years old. It provides inclusive and specialist early years education and care; supporting children with a range of needs to reach their full potential.
Due to our current Headteacher obtaining a position in larger nursery school, we are looking for a new inspiring, strategic and collaborative leader. Rye Park Nursery School has an excellent, longstanding reputation in the community and offers a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring leader to further develop their career in shaping our future.
This exciting opportunity allows the ideal candidate to develop their passion for early years’ education whilst providing management skills and strategic direction in the school.
We are seeking a candidate who is:
- Passionate about Early Years education and has the drive, energy and enthusiasm to build on the Nursery School’s current strengths and move it forward.
- Able to celebrate richness and diversity and develop strong relationships with children, parents, families and the wider school community.
- Financially astute to ensure we remain financially healthy and continue to build a sustainable future within the changing educational landscape.
- An approachable and fair individual with a good sense of humour.
- Ambitious for both Rye Park Nursery School and its values to always improve outcomes for our children and families.
- Happy to undertake the national award for SEN coordination to enable fulfilment of the role of SENCO.
What we can offer:
- A wonderful group of children who are a delight to teach and enjoy learning through play.
- Specialist staff who support children’s needs, including speech and language and a range of SEN.
- Committed, supportive and active governors who have close links with the school.
- Full support for Continuing Professional Development and access to excellent training and development opportunities with Herts for Learning.
- A wonderful setting with excellent outdoor provision and facilities allowing staff to use practical activities to successfully develop children’s understanding in all areas of learning.
- The opportunity to work with highly committed, experienced professionals across School and in collaboration with other maintained Nursery Schools in Hertfordshire.
The full job description and person specification can be found within the attached Application Pack.
If you think you have what it takes to drive Rye Park forward then please come and visit us, speak to the current Headteacher and talk with the staff and children.
For an informal chat with Wendy Wright, Chair of Governors, or to arrange a visit to our Nursery School, please contact the current Headteacher Helen Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please visit: https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_58167.htm
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Important information & Dates
Closing date: Monday 24th February 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting date: Thursday 27th February 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 4th March 2020
If you are downloading the application form please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat. For application queries please contact the Recruitment Team on 01438 845785
Rye Park Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).