Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governing Body seek to appoint an inspirational and collaborative leader who is passionate about Early Years Education and has the ambition and drive to lead our outstanding school.
Kingswood is a maintained nursery school in Watford which caters for pupils aged 2-5, where we value and care for each child, in a safe and secure environment. We are proud of the relationships we make with parents to ensure each child has the best possible start to their educational journey.
The children are offered a well-resourced enabling environment and are supported by a committed, stable staff. Kingswood provides challenging and inclusive early years education and care; supporting children with a range of needs to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We have strong links with other professionals, the Kingswood community, local early years settings and schools. We are a caring, creative and inclusive school, who are keen to support and develop resilient learners ensuring the children are ready to embrace the next phase of their education.
We are seeking a candidate who is:
- passionate about Early Years education
- determined to ensure our children make excellent academic progress in all areas, whilst committed to developing the whole child
- has the skills and experience to meet the challenges of the changing educational landscape
- is an excellent communicator
- has a collaborative approach to leadership and be able to motivate and inspire others
- has the ability to build relationships of trust with the parents/carers to work successfully together
- is able to manage the budget
- is able to maintain and build upon the effective partnership with the Governing body
What we offer
- Enthusiastic, responsive children who are a pleasure to work with
- A dedicated team who continually strive for excellence
- A staff commitment to work in partnership with parents, community and stakeholders
- A supportive and ambitious governing body
- An outstanding setting with excellent indoor and outdoor provision and facilities
- Support from HfL’s HIP and FSS packages and opportunities for continued professional development and the new Heads induction programme through Herts for Learning (HfL)
- A financially stable and healthy school budget.
We warmly welcome visits to our school. To arrange a visit please contact the Chair of Governors at email@example.com.
To apply, please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_58866.htm
Please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Advert closing: Thursday 16th April 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting: Monday 20th April 2020
Interview: Monday 27th April 2020
Kingswood Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).