An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong, inspiring, forward thinking Headteacher to lead our school community from its current strong and successful performance, through its next phases of development and growth.
The vacancy has arisen as a result of the retirement of our current Headteacher. Bengeo Primary is a popular and welcoming two-form entry community school, with a nursery and playgroup on site. Wraparound care is available through highly rated breakfast and after-school clubs.
The school is situated in Bengeo on a large pleasant site, at the northwest edge of the County Town of Hertford. Our proximity to the town centre of Hertford makes us accessible for jobseekers from Greater London, Hertfordshire, Essex and Bedfordshire.
The school’s vision is for pupils to become effective life-long learners and we seek to provide a happy, supportive, safe and stimulating environment where children enjoy learning, staff enjoy teaching and where parents are welcome.
The new Headteacher will be an exceptional and inspirational leader who will continue to grow the school’s vision and who will lead our dedicated and enthusiastic staff and leadership team. The school has achieved a community feel through the positive relationships built between school and home. We are also proud that we work closely with our local community and would like the new Headteacher to continue to work closely with all stakeholders– children, staff, governors and parents. They would continue to deliver a nurturing and secure environment for our pupils.
In June 2016 an inspection was carried out by Ofsted and the school was awarded a ‘good’ rating, which it has maintained. The school has outstanding facilities including a spacious, purpose-built computer room, a new food technology room, interactive whiteboards in classrooms and large grounds for pupils to relax in at playtime.
Our new Headteacher:
- An innovative and dynamic leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- A leader who will maintain and enhance the positive ethos of the school.
- An individual who knows what excellence looks like and can lead and inspire us in the next phase of our school’s development.
- A leader who can work with us to build our whole learning community.
- A great communicator who can build rapport with children, parents, staff and governors. They would need to be able to create an inclusive and aspirational learning culture for all. At the same time they would need to respond effectively to change and challenge.
In return we can offer you:
- A happy, safe, welcoming and healthy environment where enthusiastic children learn whilst being respected and valued.
- A dedicated, motivated and positive staff team who are keen to embrace new ideas whilst strengthening the quality of teaching and learning.
- An exciting new challenge to lead Bengeo Primary on its continuing journey towards sustained excellence
- The opportunity to build on relationships with parents and the local community.
- The opportunity to join an open-minded Governing Body who will support the development of the school and Headteacher.
For further information about our school, please visit our website: https://www.bengeo.herts.sch.uk/ If you wish to discuss the role please contact the Chair of Governors, Mark Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please telephone the school office (01992 582765) and talk to Mrs Naomi Murray, one of our Administrators (and Clerk to the Governors), who will arrange for you to be shown around.
To apply please visit: https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_62034.htm
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Advert closing: Friday 15th January 2021 at 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 21st January 2021
Interview: Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th February 2021 (remote and onsite)
Bengeo Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
Bengeo Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years