At Fair Field Junior School we want to appoint a leader with energy, creativity and vision to take our proven academic success further and to help us define the future direction of the school and our newly-formed Academy Trust.
We’re looking for a headteacher with new ideas who can build on the school’s achievements, inspire great teaching and learning and drive us towards improved results.
As headteacher, you'll relish the possibilities that Academy freedoms bring and you’ll want to use these to make pupil achievement even better so that Fair Field pupils receive the very best of education.
You’ll need a commitment to openness and working with the school’s community. We want to educate our pupils in an open and collaborative way that achieves the best for them by involving local people, making partners of parents and community and building links with the wider world.
And if you’re looking for more, we're not long established as a Multi Academy Trust (MAT), created because we recognised an opportunity to define the great things we’ve achieved and find a way to offer them in a cooperative way to other schools. We now need to plan and implement our MAT strategy. We offer a unique opportunity for you to apply your strategic and collaboration skills to develop the values and ethos of the MAT and using your communication skills to articulate the vision and persuade others to join us.
So why would you want to lead our school?
- Because you'll have a great team of both teaching and non-teaching staff around you - supportive, enthusiastic and committed to the school and to constant improvement in teaching and learning.
- Our children are happy in a school known for its nurturing environment with a successful and positive behaviour strategy
- The buildings and working environment have been well maintained by a dedicated site manager. Finances are strong, ensuring the resources are there to deal with any challenges.
- You’ll have a strong and supportive governing body with ambition to match your own and one that understands the balance between challenge and support and that values staff who seek to develop their skills further.
- You’ll have a terrific parent body who recently raised many thousands of pounds to equip the school with an innovative solar power system and have financed many other ambitious projects and activities at the school.
As head you'll have the opportunity to develop the curriculum so that our pupils can prepare for and embrace a world that is changing more dramatically than ever before, in which permanent, lifelong work is a thing of the past and in which technology will play an ever larger part.
We anticipate you'll be an existing Head or an ambitious, experienced Deputy looking to work with us on the challenges we face and the opportunities our school presents.
There are easy transport links from Radlett to the M25, M1 and surrounding areas, Radlett is 15 miles from Central London, six miles from Edgware and the mainline railway station is within walking distance of the school. A relocation package may be available
Please return application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_41723.htm
Application Closing date: Noon 29th June 2017
Interview date: 14th July 2017
Fair Field Junior School is an outstanding and forward-thinking school with a dedicated and passionate leadership team who believe in whole school teamwork.
We are a popular academy with good community involvement and strong values. We are committed to the CPD of all of our staff, and as a team are always looking to grow our skills and share best practice.
We have 8 large well equipped airy classrooms, as well as a large hall, kitchen, designated music room, library, fields and a well equipped ICT suite. All our classrooms have excellent IT systems with modern and evolving computer technology. Our well resourced library is a welcoming space which encourages children to read. We offer a varied creative curriculum to encourage a well rounded education.