The Hemel Hempstead School is a mixed ability maintained Foundation school for boys and girls aged 11-18. We have 1139 students, including 209 in the Sixth Form. There are six forms of entry, increasing to seven forms from September 2019. A Good school with ambitions to be Outstanding.
The Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational leader who is passionate about ensuring that each student fulfils their unique potential and has a commitment to the whole school community. You need to have proven leadership skills and be ready to lead a large and complex school. The school's values of 'Responsibility, Respect and Relationships' are at the heart of all we do at The Hemel Hempstead School.
Our new leader will be:
- a visionary thinker who anticipates and leads change to build success;
- committed to providing the highest standards of education for all our students;
- an excellent strategic manager and a team player;
- able to build strong relationships with students, staff, parents, governors and others within the community.
We offer you:
- a school that is consistently oversubscribed with first preferences;
- a forward looking institution which is proud of its history and achievements;
- the opportunity to be involved in enlarging the school - including a £5 million building programme;
- students who enjoy their education and thrive on our outstanding extra-curricular opportunities;
- a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team.
For an informal conversation about this role please contact our Chair of Governors, Mr Paul Stanbridge at email@example.com. Visits to the school are very much welcomed and will be organised on request; please contact Mr Stephen Robinson, Clerk to the Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be made electronically to email@example.com
For further details and an application form please refer to the school website at http://www.hhs.herts.sch.uk/information/vacancies. The Hemel Hempstead School is committed to safeguarding. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory DBS enhanced disclosure.
Closing date: Monday 18th September 2017, 11 am
Interviews: 28th and 29th September 2017