The Cedars Primary School is a special school for primary aged pupils with social, emotional or mental health difficulties (SEMH) situated in green belt land in Cranford, to the west of Hounslow, bordered by the M4 and close to Heathrow Airport.
The school received its 4th consecutive Outstanding grade from Ofsted in June 2017. The inspectors stated that:
“The school is a welcoming and inspiring community, underpinned by the passion to secure the very best outcomes for pupils. Leaders and staff are equally committed to providing pupils with the highest standard of education. Together, staff work as a cohesive team to achieve this goal. Governors contribute well to the efforts to drive further improvements through a careful balance of support and challenge.”
Following the retirement of the current post holder, the Governing Body is seeking to appoint an inspirational, visionary and dynamic Headteacher who will lead the school through its next period of opportunity, growth and development.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high expectations of children, their achievements and behaviour
- Have the vision and the skills required to be an instigator of innovative developments as well as the ability to implement, refine and shape these.
- Be able to lead and inspire a committed and hard-working team to achieve and maintain excellent practice
- Be an excellent communicator in a wide range of settings, working with individual families and local communities
- Have experience of working with children who display challenging behaviour, either in mainstream or special settings
- Be fully committed to the inclusion of children with SEN in education and society as a whole
- Be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau check.
Closing Date for the receipt of completed applications: Midday on Monday 18th June 18
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 21st June 18
Interviews are scheduled to take place: Tuesday 3rd July 18
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by emailing the School Business Manager, MadeleineTrowles on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click apply now for application forms and further details. Completed applications must be sent to email@example.com
Our school is proud of its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.