Boys’ selective school with large (600+) co-educational sixth form. Maintained standalone Academy (NOR 1548) Ofsted ‘Outstanding.’ “A learning community developing international citizens.”
A rare and rewarding opportunity for an energised and forward looking individual arises from the forthcoming retirement of John Oakes following twelve years of exceptional leadership. Dartford Grammar School, one of the oldest schools in England, is an innovative and nationally acclaimed selective school where a culture of aspiration and scholarship is combined with an inclusive, cohesive and supportive ethos with an emphasis on contributing. The school aims to provide students with a memorable and high quality experience in their one chance of education, and to give them the resilience and confidence which will prepare them for life on the international stage.
The governors wish to appoint a dynamic and creative individual with a proven track record of senior leadership who will relish the opportunity to take over the reins at Dartford Grammar School and who will maintain and develop the school’s values and ideals. Previous experience of teaching and leading in an IB school is not a requirement but alignment with the ideals and principles of the International Baccalaureate is essential, as is preparedness to learn and develop in the role.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate:
- Strong and visionary leadership
- A firm commitment to continuing development and desire to raise standards further
- Communication skills of a high order
- Clear strategic thinking and creativity
- A student centred and people orientated approach
At Dartford Grammar School, you will find:
- Highly motivated, happy and ambitious students eager to learn
- A hardworking, committed and skilled staff team
- An extremely cohesive school community with strong local, national and international links
- A supportive, forward looking governing body
- Opportunity and support for your own professional development
Applications welcome from non-selective and selective, maintained and independent school sectors.
Potential candidates wishing to discuss the post confidentially are invited to contact:
Michael Stephens - email@example.com / 07834 520995
Andrea Berkeley - firstname.lastname@example.org / 07894 140301
Further information about the school, the role and details of how to apply can be found at:
Closing date: Tuesday 16 February 2021, 10.00am
Dartford Grammar School is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from black and minority ethnic groups which are currently underrepresented.
Dartford Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and sight of original qualification certificates.
Dartford Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years
A learning community developing international citizens
Dartford Grammar School is a selective secondary academy for boys, which admits girls to its sixth form. There are six forms of entry to Year 7, and all of the students joining the school are fro...