£69,379 to £76,205 (L23-27) on appointment with negotiable enhancement for exceptional candidate
£76,205 to £82,908 (L27-31) once school expansion complete
We are looking for an experienced, inspirational, dynamic and passionate leader with the vision and drive to build upon our school’s strengths and move our school forward on the next stage of our exciting journey.
- Our school is situated in the Royal Borough of Kingston-Upon-Thames and judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted:
- Good leadership and management have raised attainment.
- Pupils are reaching or exceeding standards found in most schools.
- An imaginative curriculum provides rich practical experiences that broaden horizons.
- Pupils behave well and show high levels of respect. There is a buoyant and confident atmosphere in and around school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an inspirational and motivational leader with a proven track record of raising standards and who has high expectations of pupils and staff
- Has a commitment to working with and engaging parents and carers in their children’s learning
- Is an excellent primary practitioner, with a passion for being actively involved in teaching and learning, who will continue to put our pupils’ learning and outcomes at the heart of every decision
- A vibrant, culturally and socially diverse, inclusive community school for 2–11 year old children, currently expanding to three-forms of entry (completion date is September 2018)
- Happy, confident and enthusiastic children who love learning
- A strong, cohesive and dedicated staff team who put children’s learning and experiences at the centre of their provision
- Facilities with the ‘Wow!’ factor - a well-resourced and spacious environment with twelve new classrooms and expansive outside spaces
- A supportive and proactive Governing Body
- Supportive links with local schools and Achieving for Children (AFC), who provide children’s services for Kingston and Richmond councils
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher with substantial experience of leading a school, to build on our current successes. King’s Oak is a fully inclusive school, located next to a Children’s Centre, which offers a full range of services to local families. The school has places for sixteen 2 year olds, who are situated within the Early Years area. There is a specialist resource provision with places for 27 children across Reception to Year 6 with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Our candidate information pack and the further detail on our website gives an insight into our school, but cannot wholly convey the happy atmosphere, enthusiasm for learning and sense of purpose that is evident throughout – for that, we warmly invite you to visit us.
If you would like any further information, please email the Clerk to the Governing Body at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to arrange a visit, please do not hesitate to contact Catherine Giles on 020 8942 5154.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Please see our website for our policies on Safer Recruitment, Safeguarding and Child Protection.
Closing Date: 16 January 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
Interviews will be held on 25 and 26 January 2017
To apply, please download the Headteacher Candidate Information Pack and the Application Form.
All application forms should be returned via e-mail to the Clerk to the Governing Body at: email@example.com
Only applications received on the official form will be considered.
King’s Oak Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
King’s Oak Primary School
Dickerage Lane,New Malden
Surrey, KT3 3RZ
020 8942 5154