Start date: September 2022
Salary: Head teacher Group 6, L29 – L35 (91,953- £104,21)
Contract term: Permanent
School motto: ‘Educate, Empower, Excel’
School values: ‘Achievement, Aspiration, Resilience, Responsibility, Respect’
Lilian Baylis Technology Schools is a vibrant, inclusive and aspirational community where students are encouraged to participate and excel in all aspects of school life. It has a growing and highly successful sixth form entry of 150 students (2021).
The school serves a diverse local community in North Lambeth and our teachers work with families to support children from a wide range of ethnic backgrounds and abilities to flourish. Our students make strong academic progress and benefit from a broad and balanced curriculum both inside and outside of the classroom with excellent, modern facilities.
We have also recently embarked on an exciting whole school programme to further raise standards on learning and ensure mastery of knowledge and understanding in our students, including the continuing development of an anti- racist curriculum.
Development, training and support for all staff, including development of leadership potential, is also at the heart of our vision for school improvement.
This is an excellent opportunity for an inspirational, and enthusiastic leader to take on the role of Headteacher and continue our school’s successful journey.
The governing board is seeking to appoint a headteacher who:
● Is profoundly ambitious for our school and able to develop and deliver our clear vision on how to continue to make excellent progress both academically and within the wider curriculum
● Will ensure that an inclusive learning environment with high standards is delivered for all
● Is an accomplished people leader and can coach, motivate, develop and recruit excellent staff and leaders at all levels.
● Communicates effectively and is able to build excellent working relationships both within school and the wider local community so it is the first-choice school of local parents.
● Has strong experience as a Headteacher, Head of School or Deputy Head and is passionate about transforming the aspirations and lives of disadvantaged students.
We can offer:
● The opportunity to lead a thriving and purposeful school, (judged Outstanding by Ofsted in 2013).
● Focused and talented staff who are committed to Lilian Baylis and the pupils’ progress and development.
● Governors who are supportive and motivated for success of the school
● A very modern and well-maintained school building in Vauxhall.
● The chance to make a huge difference to our students and the local area.
Further information can be found in the attached candidate pack.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 10th January 2022 at 12 noon
Shortlisting date for selection committee: Wednesday 12th January 2022
Candidate interview dates: Wednesday 26th January 2022/Thursday 27th January 2022
We strongly encourage visits to the school on Friday 10th December 2021 at 1.45pm and on Thursday 6th January 2022 at 10.15am, which can be arranged by contacting Tracey Ellis by email at email@example.com
Lilian Baylis Technology School is committed to equality and diversity. We are committed to safeguarding and children’s welfare. The appointment will be subject to various checks including the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Ensure equality through action
Maximise the achievement of all students
Learning through a broad, balanced, relevant and personalised curriculum
An active partnership with parents and the wider community
Develop, responsible and consid...