The Learning Together Trust family, governors, staff and children are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic leader with the skills, vision and passion to guide us on our journey to “Good”, and to build on the progress made since the last Ofsted monitoring inspection.
“Staff’s expectations of what pupils should achieve are higher. Staff are more enthusiastic and confident in their teaching ability because of the training and support they have received since the previous inspection.”
“Pupils are now learning more successfully because of better teaching.”
“Support from a local Headteacher and increasingly from the proposed sponsor academy trust, has also made a big difference to the work of staff and leaders in helping to improve teaching and leadership.” Ofsted Section 8 Monitoring Inspection September 2018
“The school’s distinctively Christian ethos nourishes, encourages and challenges the spiritual and cultural development of the whole community.” SIAMS October 2014
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Christian who will foster the ethos and values of this Church of England School.
- Be passionate about the learning and development of young children.
- Have a track record in driving forward school improvement.
- Be a committed team player working in partnership with the Executive
- Headteacher and enthusiastic and dedicated staff team.
- Work closely in partnership with our church community, our local governing board and our parents.
- Have experience of leading and managing whole school issues.
- Have excellent leadership qualities, vision and a good sense of humor as well as a caring and approachable personality.
- Be able to inspire and support colleagues in order to build on our school's many strengths.
In return we offer:
- Enthusiastic and caring pupils with a thirst for learning.
- A friendly and happy church school at the heart of the local community.
- A team of dedicated and hard-working staff, committed to professional development who are ambitious for the success of the school.
- A Trust Headteacher family network, underpinned by shared faith values.
- Significant opportunities for Professional development
- Collaborative working with a range of partners including the Trust, LA and Blackburn Diocese
- An exceptional Headteacher support network underpinned by a shared Christian ethos.
Applications are returnable to Mrs Rose Crompton, Finance Director-Learning Together Trust, via post to the school address or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the documents linked to this vacancy and to access the application form, please click https://www.greater.jobs/search-and-apply/job-details/WG-24941/.
If you require any further information, please contact the school on 01257 480276 or email email@example.com Website: www.adlingtonstpauls.lancs.sch.uk.
To get a true feel for the school and understand the real opportunity to build on the successes a visit is highly recommended. To arrange an appointment please contact Mrs Rose Crompton via the Trust office on 01257 423992.
Interview date: Thursday 7 and Friday 8 March 2019
Closing Date: 25th February 2019
This position is subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures
The employer is committed to safeguarding
Please note, the employer for this position is The Learning Together Trust, not Wigan Council
Adlington St Paul’s Church of England Primary School – Part of Learning Together Trust